The Case Manager will be responsible for the comprehensive operation of the BBBS program including ensuring that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled, matched and supervised while executing a high degree of independent judgment when applying BBBS standards and practices. Secondary functions of this position include fundraising support and community relations. A high level of customer service is expected throughout all assigned job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsbilities:
- Conduct volunteer enrollment including individual orientations, interviews and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollment including parent/child interviews, child safety education and completion of any other client enrollment processes. Assess and refer clients and families for alternative or additional services as indicated.
- Review enrollment information, including assessments, and make recommendations for program participation. Assess and apply factors that will contribute to a successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with appropriate service options.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and family schedules.
- Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision. Enter timely and comprehensive written summaries of all contacts with volunteers and clients.
- Develop, market, and implement match activities that offer volunteers and clients a variety of opportunities for interaction and agency affiliation, as well as provide opportunities for ongoing individualized recognition and re-engagement of volunteers.
- Provide support to development as needed.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with businesses, schools, churches, and other community based organizations to ensure successful achievement of agency goals.
- Recruit, lead, coordinate and supervise local committees to ensure successful achievement of agency goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pleasant demeanor and mannerisms to promote positive rapport.
- Resourceful, can provide in-depth program and community information accurately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of clients and volunteers served by the agency.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while maintain focus on details.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major course of study in human services or similar field.
- 2-5 years of experience in a social service agency preferred.
- Proven track record of customer friendly service.
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations related to positive outcomes.
- Ability to analyze behavior, mediate, write evaluative social history, case notes, and reports.
- Computer skills including internet research, databases, spreadsheets, and email.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kathryn Harvey, email@example.com.